MUSIC PROGRAM FOR 3 -5 YRS. OLD
WHAT MUSICAL ACTIVITIES WILL WE EXPERIENCE IN THE LI'L PEEPS FOUNDATIONS PROGRAM?
- SOARING MELODIES - Children will sing old favorites and learn new songs about the world around them. Self expression using their full vocal range is encouraged. Ms. Carol's live guitar, piano or recorder accompaniments are really fun.
- FUN WITH RHYTHM - Children will enjoy drum circles and rhythm improv with our beautiful collection of child friendly and professional percussion instruments. Musical ostinatos blend well with many of the songs we will sing from around the world.
- INSTRUMENT LESSONS - Children in this program will have hands on experience with the piano keyboard and percussion instruments. By gaining musical skills and comprehension, children develop basic cognitive, social and motor skills necessary to succeed in school. An introduction to note reading, and musical concepts such as high-low, up-down (pitch), loud-soft (dynamics), as well as composition, and improvisation will take place each day.
- ART and MUSIC - Children will draw what they hear, create and compose music at a basic level.
- STORYTELLING, MOVEMENT and DANCE - Stimulated by folk stories, songs and rhythmic beats, children are lead to new devises of self-expression.
- INSTRUMENTS OF THE ORCHESTRA - Children wil learn about the instruments of the orchestra as we demonstrate the sounds of the instruments, up close and in person.
- MAXIMUM of 10 students per group!
LI'L PEEPS PIANO PROGRAM WILL BE OFFERED IN THE SPRING ONLY
WHAT MUSICAL ACTIVITIES WILL WE EXPERIENCE IN THE LI'L PEEPS PIANO PROGRAM?
This class will include individualized piano class at the Pre-School Level. Piano segments will be broken up with rhythm exercises, and music related movement for the shorter attention span of the young students. Music reading, ear training and basic music skills will be taught.
A MAXIMUM of 3 students per group.
Li'l Peeps Creator, Carol Arrucci, has been a music teacher for 30 years, having taught Pre-School through college aged students. A NYS Certified Music Educator, she has enjoyed preparing a program that will develop early music skills, before starting a K-12 school music program and is a perfect pre-cursor to private music lessons.
Her experiences in choreography, folk tales, music education, performance, drumming, accompanist on piano and guitar all come together in this program as the children create and explore the wonderful world of music.